The Village Clerk’s Office offers daily services such as Voter Registration and inquiries concerning Village Ordinances.
Elected: 2009, 2013
Click here to email the Village Clerk
Village of Glendale Heights Information Officer and Open Meeting Compliance Officer • Village of Glendale Heights Local Election Official • Complete Count Committee • Family Health and Safety Fair Committee • Sworn Member of Glendale Heights E.S.D.A. • CERT Member • Former President Marquardt District 15 Board of Education • Former PTA, MMPA, Band Booster, Glenbard East Mother’s Club • Glenbard East Football and Wrestling Booster Board Officer • Former Member Glendale Heights Youth Commission • Member Illinois Municipal League • Citizen’s Police Academy
Illinois Those Who Excel Award • PTA Life Member • Glenbard East GEM of the Year
|“The Village of Glendale Heights is a great place to live because of the many wonderful people who give so much of their time and their many talents to the Village. My wish for everyone is a wonderful and joyous holiday season and a safe and Happy New Year.”
The Village Clerk shall have all the powers and perform all the duties now or hereafter provided by the laws of this State and the ordinance of the Village. Among other things, it shall be her duties as follows:
To keep his/her office at the place appointed by the Board of Trustees
To attend all meeting of the Board of Trustees and to take minutes of all its proceedings;
To publish all proceedings of the Board of Trustees and all ordinances required by law to be published.
- To serve all notices, either by personal service, by publication or by posting, required by law or the order of the Board of Trustees or the President to be served, unless such notices are expressly ordered to be served by some other person;
- To notify, within five days after the result of any election is declared or appointment made, all persons elected or appointed to any Village office, or their election or appointment, and unless such persons shall respectively qualify within ten days after such notice, the office shall become vacant.
- To file all ordinance, communications, receipts and other documents required to be field, and to arrange the same in systematic order for ready reference;
- To keep the corporate seal of the Village and affix the same to all papers which require it;
- To be the custodian and keeper of all the books, records, ordinances and papers of the Village, except as otherwise provided by law or ordinance;
- To make copies of all papers in her office, and transcripts from journals and other records and files of her office, certified under the corporate seal for use in evidence when required;
- To file or cause to be filed a certified copy of each tax levy ordinance with the County Clerk of DuPage County within the time required by law.
The Village Clerk shall be the custodian of all documents belonging to the Village which are not assigned to the custody of some other officer.
The Village Clerk shall seal and attest all contracts of the Village and all licenses, permits and such other documents as shall require this formality.
In addition to the record of ordinances and other records which the Clerk is required by statute to keep, she shall keep a register of all licenses and permits issued, and the payments thereon; a record showing all the officers and regular employees of the Village, and such other records as may be required by the Board of Trustees.
The Village Clerk is authorized to appoint a Deputy Clerk who shall have the power and duty to execute all documents required by any law or ordinance to be executed by the Village Clerk, and affix the seal of the Village thereto whenever required.
When signing any documents, the Deputy Clerk shall sign the name of the Village Clerk followed by the word "By" and the Deputy Clerk's own name and the words "Deputy Clerk."
The powers and duties herein described shall be exercised by such Deputy Clerk only in the absence of the Village Clerk from her office and only when either written direction has been given by the Village Clerk to exercise such power, or the President and Board of Trustees has determined by resolution that the Village Clerk is temporarily or permanently incapacitated to perform such function.
Such Deputy Clerk shall serve at the pleasure of the Village Clerk and shall have the authority and the power herein described, and such further power and authority as may be provided by statute.