300 Civic Center Plaza
Glendale Heights, IL 60139
Utility Billing Supervisor: Theresa Morton
The Water Billing Division is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, and for your convenience Thursdays 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. To reach the Water Billing Division, please call at 630.260.6010, or email us by clicking here.
A Deposit of $75.00 is required with a completed Water Deposit Application to turn-on your water service with the Village of Glendale Heights.
Water Deposit Application (pdf)
How can I pay my Water Bill?
Your water bill may be paid online conveniently (24 hours/7 days a week), dropped in the payment Drop Box, in person at the Village Services counter of Village Hall during
regular business hours or by US mail.
Online Payment Options:
You may pay your water bill online conveniently 24 hours/7 days a week by credit/debit card. Auto payment is also available with your registration. Auto Payment will withdraw
your monthly payment on the due date directly from your checking, savings, debit or credit card.
Click here to register or Create an Account for on-line payments.
If you are already registered for on-line payment, simply access your account and follow the instructions for auto-payment. Contact Water Billing at 630.260.6010 with any
questions or assistance in registering.
Payment Drop Box:
You may drop your bill payment in the Payment Drop Box located at the circular drive in the front of the Village Hall building (300 Civic Center Plaza). The payment drop box
is silver and identified for water bill and parking ticket payments. These payments are collected daily during regular business week for processing.
Your water bill may be paid in person at the Village Services counter, located on the 1st floor of the Village Hall building (300 Civic Center Plaza) during regular business
hours: Mon, Tues, Weds, Fri- 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; Thurs- 8:00 am - 7:00 pm.
You may mail yuout payments to:
Village of Glendale Heights, Attn: Water Billing
300 Civic Center Plaza
Glendale Heights, IL 60139
Other important reminders:
- Bills are due on the twentieth day following the billing date.
- A ten percent (10%) penalty is assessed on unpaid bills after the twentieth day.
- An additional Ten Dollar ($10) late fee is assessed on unpaid bills after the
- A one and a half percent (1.5%) per month penalty is assessed on unpaid bills
after thirty five days.
- Reconnect fees - $50 for water during business hours.
- Reconnect fees - $125 after business hours.
- NSF Payments - Any accounts with payments returned shall be assessed an additionsl $20 fee and may be scheduled for
shut-off. Subsequent payments may be in
cash, money order or credit or debit card.
- Unpaid Bills - The Village reserved the right to disconnect service for non payment of bill. If your billing shows an ammount with a previous balance due,
your account will receive additional late fees and may be in jeopardy to be
disconnected. If service is disconnected, a turn on fee of $50 ($125 if after 3pm) will be added to the account.
Total amount due must be paid before services will be resumed.
Water Rate Increase - DuPage Water Commission
On January 1, 2014 the Village implemented a rate increase to all customers for water use in an amount of .65¢ per thousand gallons.
The actual increase to your Village water bill was reflected on your March 1, 2014 bill for the usage period of mid-January to mid-February.
What factors contributed to the rate increase?
It is a direct increase of the actual cost of water purchased by the Village from the DuPage Water Commission that will be charged. The overall scheduled increases to the Village by the DuPage Water Commission are as follows:
January 1, 2014 – .65¢ per thousand gallons
January 1, 2015 – .71¢ per thousand gallons
RESIDENTIAL WATER RATES - Effective January 1, 2014
|| Rate (Per Month)
|LOCAL WATER DELIVERY
||$7.50 (Flat Rate)
|TOTAL AVG. COST OF WATER BILL AT 7.5 TG
For additional rate information, please contact the Water Billing Division at 630.260.6010.
Final or Close-Outs
To obtain a final water bill, you must contact Water Billing at (630) 260-6010 providing a meter reading from the water meter located inside the home.
What can customers do if they are experiencing financial difficulty and are unable to pay their bill?
Most importantly and to avoid additional cost in late fees and the potential of service disconnection, do not ignore your bill. The Village will make payment arrangements for past due balances. If you have any questions regarding payment arrangements, please contact our Water Billing Department at 630.260.6010.
How to Read Your Water Bill
(To download a pdf, click here.)
Here are a few tips to conserve water usage:
Visit the Glendale Heights Goes Green pages of the Village website at www.glendaleheights.org/Goes_Green for more conservation tips.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth. You conserve up to 9 gallons of water per brushing.
- Toilets use 5-7 gallons with each flush. Install a displacement device to conserve water. This is as simple as placing a plastic bottle filled with water in the tank. This will conserve about 1-2 gallons per flush.
- Check for leaks and fix them immediately. A small leak can waste a lot of water and cost you money.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Take a short shower instead of a bath. This saves about 15 gallons.
- Keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator instead of running the tap until water is cold. This simple step saves about two gallons per glass.